- Wasp Solitaire
Wasp Solitaire game info
- Family: Spider Solitaire Games
- Decks: One deck (52 cards)
- Game time: Medium
- Chance of winning: High
The goal of the game is to form 4 in-suit runs in the tableau of 13 cards in descending order (from King to Ace).
Layout & deal
- Tableau: 7 piles which are dealt 7 cards each. The bottom 3 cards in the first 4 piles are face-down, all other cards are face-up.
- Stock: 1 pile with the remaining 3 cards.
- The tableau is built down by rank and in the same suit.
- Any face-up card in the tableau can be moved, irrespective of the covering cards. All cards on top of the moving card will be moved with it as a unit.
- Face-down cards in the tableau which get exposed are flipped automatically.
- Any card or group of cards can be placed on an empty tableau column.
- Click the stock to deal the 3 remaining cards face-up to the tableau, one to each of the first 3 piles.
Wasp Solitaire is based on Scorpion Solitaire which has the exact same rules except that only Kings can be placed in an empty tableau column, which makes the game considerably more difficult. Another easier version of Scorpion is the two deck version of Scorpion called Double Scorpion.