Bubble Shooter 2 game info
The aim of Bubble Shooter 2 is to clear as many bubbles from the screen, by matching bubbles of the same colors. How long can you survive, and how many points can you score?
The basis of Bubble Shooter 2’s gameplay is similar to that of its predecessor. Shooting the bubble into clusters of two or more bubbles of the same color will clear the whole cluster from the board. For example, shooting a green bubble at a cluster of three green bubbles will remove all four green bubbles and give 40 points! The more bubbles cleared (and combos made), the higher the score.
An indicator at the bottom of the screen shows what color bubbles will be coming next. Use this to plan your moves.
Controls for Bubble Shooter are straightforward.
- Aiming: Move the mouse to aim the shooter.
- Shooting: Once the shooter has been aligned, click to release the bubble.
Modes and Features
Bubble Shooter 2 features two exciting game modes: Classic mode and Time mode.
Classic mode is similar to regular Bubble Shooter. The player must clear the bubbles before they reach the shooter or pass the red line at the bottom of the screen.
The bottom indicator not only displays the color of the next bubble in line but also shows how many lives the player holds. When a shot is made but no bubbles are cleared from the board, a life is depleted. Every time a player loses five lives, more bubbles are added to the field and the bubbles shift closer to the player.
Time mode is a new addition to the game. Where in classic mode new bubbles are spawned after a certain number of missed shots, bubbles spawn in a different way in time mode.
At the top of the bubble screen is a timer gauge. This counts down to when new bubbles will be spawned. Where players can pause and think about the placement for the best move in classic mode, this is the opposite in time mode - speed is of the essence! Essentially, the player is racing against the clock and the timer resets once a new layer of bubbles is added.
The game will still be over if the bubbles in the playing field pass the red line, or reaches the shooter.
Tips and tricks
As for every puzzle game, there are a number of tips and tricks to practice to increase scores and survival time. Here are some common tips.
- Spot large clusters. Target your shots towards these. Not only will you score big points, it'll also free up substantial space on the screen.
- Bounce bubbles off walls - this takes a bit more practice to get the angles right but can be extremely helpful when trying to land a bubble in a tricky spot. Try bouncing bubbles in between both walls.
- As the number of bubbles on the screen decrease, try to see if you can clear all bubbles of a particular color. In doing so, no more bubbles of that color will be spawned, making for easier matching.
- Try to create hanging clusters. Where there is a sure match, bubbles can be attached at the end to create a hanging cluster. This way, when the sure match is popped, the bubbles hanging off will be detached from the main bubbles. As they are no longer connected to the main bubbles, these will also be popped. Detached bubbles will also give more points than bubbles popped by matching.
The game is developed by Ziango. Bubble Shooter 2 belongs to the category of classic games.
Bubble Shooter 2 can be played in all modern browsers, on all device types (desktop, tablet, mobile), and on all operating systems (Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, ...).