In this free Pyramid Solitaire game you must help the Pharaoh build his illustrious pyramids by removing all the cards dealt at the start. Clear cards by selecting pairs of cards that add up to exactly 13.
Aces count as 1, Jacks count as 11 and Queens count as 12. Kings count as 13 and can be removed at any time by simply clicking on them. All other cards are at their face value. So for example you can combine an Ace and Queen to remove the pair, or Jack and a 2 to remove that pair.
To aid you, you may place a single card in the Temp Card Store. This will increase your pairing options by allowing you to get to otherwise impossible to reach cards that are in the pyramid. To successfully pass a round it is absolutely necessary for you to use this card store strategically and to do some planning and thinking with it!
Additionally the undo button will undo any single move, obviously that's great for fixing minor errors but there is a little trick for pro players! The trick is to draw 3 additional cards to see if they will change the order of the cards that you will remove from the cards dealt at the top in the pyramid. If not, no harm done, just undo the move and continue matching the pairs of 13. Of course it helps that you can use this little trick any time it is convenient!
Pyramid Solitaire Ancient Egypt rewards excellent play and strategy. You receive bonus points for completing a level quickly, removing all cards in both the pyramid and the deck, and failing that for any remaining cards in the deck that you have not uncovered. The game is quite kind, in that there is always a bonus if you complete a round although of course better play, always means better bonuses!
Quick Hints and Tips
If you have read the text above then you'll probably know most of these but there are few more...
- Always remove Kings as soon as possible, they literally just get in the way.
- Try to plan your moves. Look at the board and see what cards are blocking other cards.
- You absolutely must use the temporary card store. Combine that with planning and you can win most deals. Often simply by moving one card from the pyramid down to the store you can instantly uncover another card that you can use immediately.
- This almost a bit of a cheat (so let's just consider it an expert tip!). You can use the undo card to look at the next 3 cards coming. This will allow you to plan your moves more effectively.
- At the bottom where the groups of three cards a dealt, if you have too many cards the game will hide them to save space. Those cards are always there, just hidden!
- Remember you don't have to remove every card, just the pyramid at the top.