- Crescent Solitaire
Crescent Solitaire game info
- Family: Fan solitaire games
- Decks: Two decks (104 playing cards)
- Game time: Medium
- Chance of winning: Low
The goal in this card game is to move all cards to the 8 foundations.
Deal & layout
Crescent Solitaire is played with two decks (104 cards). There are eight foundation piles in the middle and sixteen tableau piles surrounding them. Four foundations are dealt a King and the other four foundations are dealt an Ace. The rest of the cards are dealt to the 16 tableau piles, 6 cards each.
- Only the top card of each tableau pile is available to use at any time, so you can only ever move one card at a time.
- Cards from the tableau can be moved to another tableau pile or to the foundation.
- The tableau piles are built up (ascending order) or down (descending order) and in suit, and can go round-the-corner (Ace on King and King on Ace). So cards of the same suit that are one higher or lower can be placed on top of each other.
- Empty tableau spaces can’t be filled.
- When you are stuck, you can do a reshuffle which will move the bottom card in each tableau stack to the top of its stack. Reshuffling can be done three times per game.
- The four foundations starting with a King are built down in suit, the other four foundations starting with an Ace are built up in suit.