- Yukon Solitaire
Yukon Solitaire game info
- Family: Yukon type solitaire games
- Type: Half-open packer
- Decks: One deck (52 cards)
- Game time: Medium
- Chance of winning: Medium
How to play Yukon Solitaire
Move all the cards to the foundations.
Layout & deal
All cards from one deck (52 cards in total) are dealt to the seven tableau piles at the beginning of the game. First, cards are dealt as in Klondike: one card to the 1st pile, two to the 2nd pile... with only the top card in each pile face-up. Then, each tableau pile except the first is dealt four additional face-up cards.
- Tableau is built down by rank and by alternating color.
- Any face-up card in the tableau can be moved, the cards on top don't matter and don't have to be ordered. All cards on top of the moving card will be moved with it as a unit.
- Face-down cards in the tableau that get exposed are flipped automatically.
- Only a King (or a group of cards starting with a King) can be placed on an empty tableau column.
- Foundations are built up in-suit (by increasing rank).
- Russian Solitaire: Similar layout and rules as Yukon Solitaire, except that building on tableau is by same suit instead of alternating color, making it much more difficult.