- Scrabble Blast
Scrabble Blast game info
The basics of Scrabble Blast are easy, just click on adjacent tiles to create words. You can create sequences of tiles that are next to each other horizontally, vertically or diagonally.
Create words with high value tiles and use the Bonus Fields to score as many points as possible.
Once you are satisfied with the word you created, press the ‘Score’ button on the left to submit the word. You can also automatically submit a word by selecting all letters of a word without releasing the mouse in between. This allows you to create and submit words faster.
After you submit a correct word, its letters are removed from the board. The letters above the removed letters fall down and new letters are added at the top of the board.
Beware of the Number Bombs, because if they reach the bottom of the board it is game over. The bombs fall every move you make. You have to defuse these bombs by creating a word of a minimum length with them.
You need to create 10 words to complete a level and advance to the next.
On the game board there are several bonus fields, each giving you a higher score when used in a word:
- Double letter: Indicated in grey, including the letter on this tile results in doubling of the letter score
- Triple letter: Indicated in blue, including the letter on this tile results in tripling of the letter score
- Double word: Indicated in pink in the center of the board, including the letter on this tile results in doubling of the word score
- Triple word: As of level 3, indicated in red, including the letter on this tile results in tripling of the word score
Based on your score, you will be awarded a certain score rank:
- Neophyte if you score below 100 points.
- Amateur if you score 100 points or more.
- Beginner if you score 250 points or more.
- Junior if you score 500 points or more.
- Novice if you score 750 points or more.
- And so on…
I didn’t manage to go higher than Novice, let me know the highest rank you have reached!
- Try to link up double and triple word bonuses to get really high points
- Try to find high scoring tiles (Z or W) on triple or double squares, or try to move high scoring tiles to such bonus squares
- If you find a word, look for the ’S’ tile to make it plural
- If you find a word, try to see if you can use a suffix like ‘ED’, ‘ER’, ‘ING’ or ‘TION’ to make it even longer
- Look for suffixes like ‘ING’, ‘TION’ or ‘ER’ to create words with
- Look for prefixes like ‘PRE’ and ‘UN’ to create words with
Scrabble Blast for Windows was developed by funkitron and released in 2004. The version for Game Boy Advance was developed by Visual Impact and released in 2005.
The version for Game Boy Advance had several additional game modes:
- Action mode: Create words with Number Bombs, but be quick because the bombs fall faster and faster.
- Bag mode: Create as many words as you can and get the highest score possible with 100 tiles.
- Puzzle mode: Create words with length indicated on Number Bombs to get extra points.
Scrabble Blast also used to be available as an app, but the app has been discontinued.
Scrabble Blast gameplay is similar to Bookworm, one of our most popular word games. Scrabble fans can also try the fast-paced Scrabble Sprint game. If you enjoy word games, you might also enjoy Text Twist 2 or Word Ruffle.