- Word Drop
Word Drop game info
In Word Drop you have to create valid English words by selecting letters on the board.
Every few seconds, a new letter drops into a column from above. If you are not fast enough and a column is full when a letter drops into it, the game ends.
Tiles with an asterisk are 'wild', they can be used to replace any other letter.
Unlike games such as Bookworm and Scrabble Blast, you don’t necessarily have to use adjacent tiles to create words. The rules which tiles you can use change level by level, but in the beginning you can select any tiles you want.
Each word earns you points, based on the letters used, the word length and the current level. Your goal is to get the highest score you can!
There are four levels of difficulty, going from beginner to extreme:
- Beginner: New letter drops every 3 seconds to the next column.
- Intermediate: New letter drops every 2 seconds to the next column.
- Expert: New letter drops every 3 seconds to a random column.
- Extreme: New letter drops every 2 seconds to a random column.
Once you have created 16 words in a level, you will advance to the next level.
Word Drop has six levels, each with different rules making the game more and more difficult.
- Level 1: Any tiles, 3-10 letters (words between 3 and 10 letters long, you can use any tile on the board to create words)
- Level 2: Any tiles, 4-10 letters (words between 4 and 10 letters long, you can use any tile on the board you want)
- Level 3: Same row/column, 3-10 letters (words between 3 and 10 letters long, you can only use tiles in the same row or in the same column)
- Level 4: Adjacent tiles, 3-10 letters (words between 3 and 10 letters long, you can only use adjacent tiles)
- Level 5: Same row/column, 4-10 letters (words between 4 and 10 letters long, you can only use tiles in the same row or in the same column)
- Level 6: Adjacent tiles, 4-10 letters (words between 4 and 10 letters long, you can only use adjacent tiles)
Once you finish level 6, you have completed the game!
You score points for each word you make. The score is calculated based on three elements:
- Each letter has a score, based on its frequency in the dictionary. The less frequent it appears in the dictionary, the higher its score. Letters with a high score are for example F, V, W, and Z. This is similar to Scrabble (and Scrabble Blast).
- Each word length above 3 has a bonus, e.g. a word length of 6 multiplies the base word score with a factor of 4.
- Each level gives a bonus as well, with higher bonus for later levels.
The key to getting a high score is making long words with letters that are not frequent in the dictionary, and advancing to the later levels.
Select the letters with the mouse. Click the last letter of a word again to submit it.
Below the grid are buttons to clear the current word and submit the current word.
You can also use the following keyboard keys for speeding up your gameplay:
- Backspace: remove last letter
- Spacebar: delete current word
- Down arrow: drop next letter immediately
- Enter: submit word